About Colonic Cleansing / Colon Hydrotherapy
How is Colonic Hydrotherapy administered?
Water under very low pressure and controlled temperature is slowly introduced into the colon by a trained therapist. In combination with massage techniques, the water helps to soften and detach faecal matter and encrusted deposits, which are piped away with the waste water. A colonic hydrotherapy treatment lasts between 35 and 40 minutes. Patient modesty is always preserved.
Is colonic cleansing safe?
- All colonic cleansing equipment used is either disposable or sterilised using hospital grade disinfectants, which destroy all known bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi to ensure no chance of cross-contamination
- Filtered water is fed into the colon under extremely low pressure (far lower than is typically seen during normal defecation) ensuring there is no discomfort and importantly no danger of bowel perforation
- Old encrusted faecal material and mucoid plaque are breeding grounds for unhealthy bacteria. By removing this, with colon hydrotherapy, the colon wall is cleansed and healthy bacteria can repopulate within a few days.
- Colonics are not habit forming, unlike chemical laxatives. So-called natural laxatives may also be habit forming
- Colonics do not lead to a 'lazy' atonic bowel, but in fact help to improve bowel muscle tone and normalise its size and capacity
How many colonic irrigation treatments are necessary?
This really depends from individual to individual, on your state of bowel encrustation and toxicity, and on what you wish to achieve with colon irrigation.
A course of between four and six colonic treatments is usually sufficient to cleanse the bowel. Some patients will require further colonic treatments, depending on the severity of their condition. Ongoing preventative colonic treatment once or twice a year is advisable to maintain gastro-intestinal and general health.
Are there any side effects of colon hydrotherapy?
Many people find an improvement in mental clarity, concentration and a general feeling of well being. This is to be expected as toxic faecal material has been removed during the colonic process. Skin conditions and allergies are often improved in patients being treated for 'simple' constipation!
Is any preparation necessary?
No. However, being careful with your diet for the few days before and after your colonic, will enhance the elimination your colonic will achieve. Ask for advice about a dietary program to follow with your course of colonic hydrotherapy.
What about Detoxification?
Thorough detoxification can be achieved by following a specific nutritional and cleansing program to purge the body of toxins and revitalise the entire body on a cellular level. Such cleansing programs last from a few days to several months. Please ask for further information or instruction.